Taking a career break or a sabbatical from work can bring incredible, positive change to your life. Whether you use the time to fulfill a lifelong dream like travelling the world, to learn new skills, to take on a big personal project like writing a book, or simply to spend more time with the people you love, career breaks have the potential to be transformational.
In this ebook, we guide you through the process of taking a career break, from the initial decision-making through to maximising the benefits when you resume your career afterwards. Accompanying the ebook is a step-by-step workbook to help you plot out your own career break journey, and a cheatsheet for negotiating sabbatical leave from work.
You will learn:
- the proven benefits of career breaks, and how one can transform your life
- inspiring ways to use your time out, with case studies from successful career breakers
- the best time to take a career break, and how to overcome the common barriers
- how to create a manageable saving strategy
- how to negotiate sabbatical leave from work
- the biggest questions your boss will have when you request sabbatical leave
- career break planning and preparation 101
- how to reshape your life and career after your break
The advice and guidance in How to Take a Year Off Work is based on our own personal experience of taking a career break with life-changing results, and case studies of several inspirational career breakers. Finally, the ebook includes a resource library with links to a wide range of tools and services for making your career break a reality.